GECKO USER INSTRUCTIONS
A. Initial use and attachment to the ski of the "Gecko" climbing skin before ascending:
- Unroll the skin, and remove the protective foil. The protective foil can now be thrown away.
- Make sure that the bottom surface of the ski is completely dry before the skin is applied.
- Click the gecko feet over the tip of the ski.
- Smooth the skin from top to bottom, ensuring that there are no bubbles or folds.
- The gecko feet that are attached by an elastic strip to the bottom of the skin, should be clipped to the end of the ski in such a way that no tension on the strip results. The gecko feet can be clicked into every hole in the strip.
ATTENTION: The attachment at the rear of the ski is not a tensioning system, but rather a holding system.
B. When climbing:
If, while reapplying the skin to the ski, you find snow crystals on the adhesive surface, they can be removed by carefully pulling the skin from the ski, and then brushing them away.
ATTENTION: Pull the skin away slowly, otherwise the adhesive coating might become damaged, thus nullifying the product guarantee.
C. After the climb:
- Click the gecko feet from the rear of the ski. Do not pull on the elastic strip.
- From the rear to the front, gently pull the skin from the ski.
- Fold the skin in the middle with the adhesive surfaces together, and roll it up. If the holding system at the rear of the ski does not have the gecko feet attachment, then unclick the ones at the tip of the ski, and remove the skin from front to rear.
D. Storage, care, tips:
- Wet skins should be dried at room temperature, and then again stored in the skin bag.
- In the summer, the skin should be stored in a cool room, for example, the basement.
- Used skins can be disposed of as normal household garbage.
- Small debondings on the adhesive surface have no effect on the skin's functionality!
- Avoid skiing over hard objects such as rocks or roots as this can damage the skin irreparably. However, this will not reduce the skin's overall effectiveness.
- In the case of bad adhesion, clean the adhesive surface with water, and then allow it to dry. Never use gasoline or other chemical solvents to clean the ski or skin.
- When removing wax from the skis, remove it as completely as possible. Otherwise, it may reduce the adhesion of the skin to the ski.
- If the adhesive material should separate from the skin, for example in the area of the curved tip, it can simply be cut away with a pair of scissors.
Instructions for cutting and tailoring the skin yourself:
These instructions are only for skins that have to be cut and tailored before use. Please follow the individual steps carefully, in order to avoid damaging the skin or ski.
- Unroll the skins, and remove the protective foil. The protective foil can now be thrown away.
- The surface of the ski must be dried thoroughly before attaching the skin.
- Mount the gecko feet to the tip of the ski.
- Smooth the skin onto the ski from top to bottom, making sure that there are no bubbles or folds.
- To ensure the correct length of the skin at the rear of the ski, cut it so that it is 10 to 15 centimeters shorter than the ski.
- The skin can now be cut using a cutter-knife, beginning on the left side at the tip of the ski – along the edge of the ski – from top to bottom. This is then done along the edge of the ski on the right side. 7.If you want the edges of the ski to remain free, the skin must be relocated 2 millimeters to the left side or right side respectively, and then trimmed. The "Gecko-cutter" automatically leaves 2 millimeters free on the left and right edges. Ask your specialist dealer for the Gecko-cutter.
- Using the template included in the set, detach the skin from the ski, and then cut the end of the skin.
- Now the prefabricated rear holding system can be riveted, using the 3 rivets provided.
- The gecko feet that are attached by an elastic strip to the bottom of the skin, should be clipped to the end of the ski in such a way that there is no tension on the strip.
- The gecko feet can be clicked into every hole in the strip. ATTENTION: The attachment at the rear of the ski is not a tensioning system, but rather a holding system.
- The trimmed edges on the sides do not have to be sealed, since they are fringe free.
- For the care and storage of the Gecko Ski Skin, please refer to point D of the user instructions.
Guarantee, Responsibility, and Warranty
MP Sports guarantees that this adhesion skin "Gecko" was manufactured in Austria by Austrian specialists. The MP Sports brand name is a hallmark of excellence, standing for the highest quality and maximum comfort for all of our products. Using only top quality materials and quality oriented production methods, we guarantee our customers the highest quality products possible.
We accept no responsibility:
- if other mounting systems are used or if the end hooks are removed
- for any cracks, gaps, or other damage to the skin caused by stones, roots, etc.
- for any debondings of the adhesive film resulting from excessive dirtiness, excessive force, or malicious damage.
- if, because of dirtiness, the skin no longer adheres to the adhesive film (see point D 5).
- if used on more than 50 ski tours • for skins that are more than 2 years old
- for defective front or rear holding systems.
- These can be repaired by your specialist dealer.
Never clean your ski or ski skin with gasoline or other chemical solvents.
We, the MP Sports team…
...focus on only one thing: the sport of ski-touring. We put all of our hearts and energies into this fantastic sport. We don't waste our time making the wrong products or using the wrong materials, because we're all ski-touring fans, too. And, that's a big advantage for everybody: the manufacturer, the dealers, but especially for our customers – sportsmen and women who are dedicated to this sport. All of our ideas, research, and developments are directed towards one goal: to make perfect gear, materials, and equipment for those who love ski-touring. By personally using our own products almost daily, we strive to make our products function even better. Other manufacturers of ski-touring products may still hold onto the old-fashioned idea that some things only work one way, and that's the way they make them. MP Sports proves that there are other ways to go about finding new, better ideas. You just have to be open to them!